Physical Therapy is an area of health care specializing in the management of function and mobility. Physical therapists apply research and proven techniques to help people decrease pain and increase function. Physical therapists are trusted health care professionals with extensive education and clinical experience who examine, diagnose, and treat or prevent conditions that limit the body’s ability to function or move.
A Physical Therapist may help you with:
- Low back pain and injuries
- Neck pain including whiplash injuries
- Shoulder and elbow pain
- Knee and Hip arthritis and injuries
- TMD/ “TMJ” pain
Physical Therapists are the provider of choice for rehabilitation following neurological and orthopedic surgery.
What to expect from a Physical Therapist:
The physical therapist will conduct a thorough examination for problems with pain, joint mobility, strength, flexibility, and movement. Once the evaluation is complete the physical therapist will develop a plan of care designed for your specific problem. This treatment plan may consist of:
- Treatments and modalities to decrease pain and spasm
- Manual therapy techniques, including joint mobilization and spinal manipulation, to improve mobility and decrease pain.
- Specific strengthening and/or flexibility exercises
- Education about your injury or condition
NSI Physical Therapy Department offers:
- Licensed/board certified physical therapy staff
- State-of-the-art therapeutic exercise equipment including the Mediback spinal rehabilitation program
- Supportive medical equipment including custom foot orthotics and back bracing
- Vectra Genysis physical modalities system for therapeutic ultrasound and electrical stimulation